Published on: 29-Jul-2022
If you’re looking for a way to lose weight fast, then you already know that the best path forward is through diet and exercise.
In order to lose weight, you must first understand your daily energy expenditure and calories consumed. The best way to find this information is by using an online calculator, but most calculators don’t provide all the information you need. We recommend using this TDEE tool to find your body stats before beginning your weight loss journey!
Isn’t it interesting? Of course it’s!
In addition to some tips you may use in your weight loss journey, we are sharing eight amazing ways that can fasten your metabolism, which is a key to get your ideal weight.
So let’s jump into the details!
- Get your heart pumping first thing in the morning.
Just like your body’s temperature, your heart rate is also an important indicator of metabolism.
And a research article made on Big Breakfast shows that it’s highest in the morning—just after you wake up. So if you want to get a jumpstart on boosting your metabolism, try exercising first thing in the morning.
If you don’t have time for a full workout each morning, try doing five minutes of cardio (walking or light jogging) for two days a week and then do ten minutes every day for two weeks. This will help increase your metabolic rate as well as make sure you’re sleeping better at night!
- Start your day with a protein-packed breakfast.
Protein is one of the most important nutrients for your metabolism. Protein has a slow digestion rate, so it keeps you feeling full longer than carbohydrates and fats do. This means that when you eat protein first thing in the morning, you’ll stay satisfied until lunchtime—and maybe even longer!
When you eat protein first thing in the morning, it jumpstarts your body’s metabolism by putting it into an anabolic state (building muscle). This helps to boost your overall metabolic rate so that you burn more calories throughout the day.
- Build muscle.
One of the biggest misconceptions about metabolism is that it’s all about how much you eat.
This isn’t quite right: While your diet certainly plays a big part in how many calories you burn, so does your muscle mass (and more specifically, how many muscle cells there are).
Most importantly—muscle tissue burns more calories throughout the day than other types of tissue because its metabolic rate is so high despite its small size compared with organs such as the heart or kidneys.
- Eat every three to four hours.
You might have heard that eating every few hours will cause weight loss, it’s actually about the quality of calories consumed rather than quantity that matters most for boosting metabolism.
So instead of going all-out with an extra big lunch or dinner meal in hopes of burning more calories through increased activity levels, simply eat balanced meals at regular intervals throughout the day (every 3-4 hours) with protein as one component each time so as not to put stress on your digestive system.
- Drink a glass of ice water before meals.
Drinking a glass of ice water before meals can help you eat less. There are two reasons why:
- It helps you feel more full. When you drink water, your body takes longer to digest and absorb the liquid than it does for solid food. This means that drinking a glass of ice water before every meal may help you feel fuller quicker, which in turn will help reduce your overall calorie intake for the day (and therefore boost your weight loss).
- It helps regulate your metabolism. The second reason why drinking ice water before each meal can help boost metabolism is because it has been shown in a research conducted in John Hopkins University that water regulates hormone levels related to digestion, hunger pangs and fullness.
- Consume caffeine in moderation.
Consume caffeine in moderation. Caffeine is a stimulant that can increase your heart rate and blood pressure. However, it can also help you burn fat and stay alert.
Drink green tea before bedtime to control your appetite, boost metabolism and lose weight by increasing the body’s calorie burn while you sleep!
- Eat spicy foods, like hot peppers and wasabi, to turn up the heat on your metabolism.
It’s not just the heat that makes spicy foods so great for your metabolism—they also make you hungrier, which means you’ll eat more and burn more calories.
Research has shown that adding a little spice to your plate can increase feelings of fullness by about 43 percent, according to an article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
This means that when you add spice to your meals, you might find yourself eating less overall.
- Add apple cider vinegar to your daily diet.
Apple cider vinegar has many health benefits and can be an effective weight loss aid. Research shows that drinking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar each day can help you lose weight by:
- Increasing metabolism—Apple cider vinegar helps to increase your metabolism which makes it easier for you to burn calories and lose weight.
- Helping regulate blood sugar levels—Studies show that people who consume two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before each meal were able to lower their blood sugar levels by 8%.
We’ve covered everything from the basics of metabolism to some effective ways to boost it, so now it’s up to you! The best thing about these tips is that they’re free and simple, which means no excuses! And remember: the important thing is not just boosting your metabolism but finding a healthy lifestyle that works for you. So keep warm, drink water, and eat those veggies—but make sure you’re doing all this with a smile on your face!